The course is open. Winter greens are in use . Please take care due to ice on surfaces and paths.
History
About Morecambe Golf Club

Tradition and modern facilities hand in hand.

In 2005 Morecambe golf club passed an important milestone by celebrating its Centennial. Always strong on tradition, the club prides itself on maintaining standards in golf etiquette whilst presenting a warm and friendly welcome to our highly regarded visitors.

The club moved to its present location in 1923 after spending the previous 18 years at several local but inadequate sites. A new, and at the time state of the art, clubhouse was built in 1924 to accommodate the burgeoning membership. The 18 hole course itself was designed by Dr Alister MacKenzie and despite a number of alterations over the intervening years has retained the essential character he envisioned. Although a seaside course the layout is more a parkland style, enhanced over the last twenty years by an extensive tree planting programme.

The Clubhouse has been continuously upgraded to keep pace with modern requirements. In 1971 a major extension to provide new locker rooms and bar areas was undertaken, followed in 1994 with further improvements to locker rooms and lounges to accommodate a growing membership and increased visitor numbers. The latest bar refurbishment was completed in 2003 and unlike many golf clubs, Morecambe makes no distinction between members and visitors in its bar pricing policy, the same low prices are available to both.